“I almost took it personally last time”
– Ernie Els when asked losing the Presidents Cup so many times.
“We had a great Sunday night. I went to the plane straight from the casino”
– Els on his memories from The Presidents Cup in 1998, the only time the International Team have been victorious.
“I’m still pissed off about that one”
– Els responds to questions about the Rugby World Cup.
“We haven’t even had one team meeting, just lots of hanging out.”
– Matt Kuchar when asked about Fred Couples’ style of captaincy of the USA Team.
“We got a nice letter yesterday from Jack Nicklaus, he was the captain at the time (1998), and reflected on that and was excited for our chances.”
“The greens are exceptionally firm.”
– Adam Scott and every other player from both teams.
I’d forgotten how good Tiger looks in green.
“For me it’s different wearing white pants. Haven’t done this I think since I was about eight.”
– Tiger Woods.
Very much a Superbowl style media centre with player podiums set up all over the place.
“I tried to hit a high, soft driver. But I just hit it too far.”
– Dustin Johnson on playing the short par-4 sixth yesterday.
“Aesthetically it’s amazing, just really well put together. It’s not overly long, but shows that you don’t have to make a long golf course to make a tough one.”
– Hunter Mahan. All American players expressed similar sentiments on Royal Melbourne.
“So, I mean, I appreciate how you’re trying to steer me down that road, it’s pretty cool, but no thank you.”
– Phil Mickelson when one reporter was trying to get more comments on a match-up between Adam Scott and Tiger Woods, and the associated politics of golf.
The media centre is extraordinary for this event and I haven’t seen a screen that size outside of the MCG.
If your name is not on a triangular sign, you don’t matter this week.
Danny Lee six-putts from four-feet, slams putter, withdraws with wrist injury
Justin Thomas leads US Open: First round video highlights
US Open caddie gives hilarious tour of dodgy motel room
US Open at Winged Foot looks like it will be brutal for everybody
Rewatch Geoff Ogilvy's 2006 US Open victory at Winged Foot