A few readers have been wondering how the professional golf community have contributed to the Australian Bushfire Appeal. Many contributers donate anonymously but there’s been a concerted effort over the past weeks, particularly involving the big tournaments being held at the moment.
- Craig Parry and Nick O’Hern will donate $200,000 each to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal.
- Laura Davies donated her cheque from the NZ Open.
- Many donation buckets were on course at the weekend’s Women’s Australian Open, all Sunday’s gate takings and $5 for each birdie made were donated. The tournament organising body is matching all player donations.
- The Victorian Golf Association is asking clubs throughout Australia to dedicate their club compettitions for one week during February or March to a special fundraising appeal for bushfire relief.
- Greg Norman is competing in a celebrity tournament tomorrow at The Vines Resort to raise money for bushfire victims. Perth readers get on down to the tournament. Free entry, donations for parking are requested.
WATCH Shoe Golf with Jimmy Fallon and Michael Strahan
Nick Faldo breaks down as he departs golf commentary
Ashleigh Buhai wins the AIG Women’s Open after play-off for first major title: video highlights
Minjee leads Aussie charge on day one of AIG Women’s Open
LIV Golf Tour players have filed a lawsuit against the PGA Tour