Here’s a few things to note as we clock off for the week:
- Has Geoff Ogilvy turned the corner? He had an awesome start to the year, slumped in the middle but has put together a few good weeks in a row and for the first time in ages, is right in the hunt after round one at the BMW Championship at Cog Hill.
- PGA Tour rookie Marc Leishman‘s eagled the last hole last week to propel him into this penultimate FedEx Cup tournament. He has had three top-20’s out of his past four tournaments and looks hot once again this week. Australia’s newest golf star.
- John Daly won’t make it to Australia this summer after withdrawing from tournament commitments with a rib injury. I’m sure this isn’t the first time in his career he’s succumbed to a rib or two but I’m genuinely disappointed. He had a rough time last year and his golf wasn’t up to scratch but he seemed to be coming back into some form.
- There’s plenty of golfers Twittering now but this is a first. Michelle Wie has set up a personal blog.
- Oh and if you missed it, here’s why Greg Norman chose Adam Scott to play in the Presidents Cup.
Hello Birdie is the first game-planning app for golf
2021 KPMG WOMEN'S PGA CHAMPIONSHIP: Australian TV and Streaming times
OLYMPIC GOLF Men’s Final Olympic Golf Rankings Published
US OPEN Streaker interrupts final round to hit a few golf balls
Jon Rahm captures first major with thrilling victory at US Open