Here’s a few things to note as we clock off for the week:
- Has Geoff Ogilvy turned the corner? He had an awesome start to the year, slumped in the middle but has put together a few good weeks in a row and for the first time in ages, is right in the hunt after round one at the BMW Championship at Cog Hill.
- PGA Tour rookie Marc Leishman‘s eagled the last hole last week to propel him into this penultimate FedEx Cup tournament. He has had three top-20’s out of his past four tournaments and looks hot once again this week. Australia’s newest golf star.
- John Daly won’t make it to Australia this summer after withdrawing from tournament commitments with a rib injury. I’m sure this isn’t the first time in his career he’s succumbed to a rib or two but I’m genuinely disappointed. He had a rough time last year and his golf wasn’t up to scratch but he seemed to be coming back into some form.
- There’s plenty of golfers Twittering now but this is a first. Michelle Wie has set up a personal blog.
- Oh and if you missed it, here’s why Greg Norman chose Adam Scott to play in the Presidents Cup.
Danny Lee six-putts from four-feet, slams putter, withdraws with wrist injury
Justin Thomas leads US Open: First round video highlights
US Open caddie gives hilarious tour of dodgy motel room
US Open at Winged Foot looks like it will be brutal for everybody
Rewatch Geoff Ogilvy's 2006 US Open victory at Winged Foot