We’ve come up with a list of Australia’s best mini golf courses. What do you think?
I recently saw a few photos of the incredible mini-golf course at Wembley Golf Course and got thinking about what a list of Australia’s best mini golf courses would look like.
Mini golf, (or crazy golf or putt-putt) can be loads of fun, even for the most ardent golf fan and there seems to be a resurgence of late with several new courses being built across Australia.
I’ve often thought there should be more of them next to full-size courses to attract new golfers of all ages to the golf club environment.
And we got a load of responses and learned of many new putt-putt courses.
It seems there are some absolute rippers, with a number sitting alongside full-size golf courses or practice facilities.
Such as the new one at Curlewis Golf Club just south of Geelong, Yarra Bend in Melbourne, the two courses at Thornleigh Driving Range in Sydney, the KDV Sports Centre on the Golf Coast and as mentioned, the one at Wembley Golf Course in Perth.
Interestingly, many of these great new mini golf courses are the work of Mini Golf Creations. Their latest project is a new mini-golf course at City Golf in Toowoomba that just recently opened.
You may have seen several Holey Moley mini-golf courses and bars popping up in cities across Australia but there are also some wonderfully quirky mini-golf courses in places you may not have expected.
Pirate Pete’s Mini Golf at the Maru Koala and Animal Park in Grantville looks fantastic, Putt Planet is tucked away inside a building just south of the CBD in Sydney, and others such as Putt-Putt Mildura, Mega Mini Golf and West Beach Mini Golf are full of the kitsch and crazy stuff most people associate with crazy golf.
And the putt-putt course in Orange on top of the car park (next to the bowls club) is well, odd.
So in no particular order, here are many of Australia’s best mini golf courses and all worth a visit.
- Wembley Golf Course – Wembley, Perth, WA
- Shanx at Links Shell Cove – Shell Cove, NSW
- KDV Sport – Gold Coast, Qld
- Curlewis Golf Club – Curlewis, Vic
- Thornleigh Golf Centre – Thornleigh, Sydney, NSW
- Putt Putt Mermaid Beach – Gold Coast, Qld
- Shanx at Regency Park, Adelaide, SA
- Yarra Bend – Fairfield, Melbourne, Vic
- City Golf Gordon – Gordon, Sydney, NSW
- The Club at Parkwood – Gold Coast, Qld
- Spring Park Adventure Golf – Dingley, Melbourne, Vic
- The Vines – The Vines Resort, WA
- City Golf Club – Toowoomba, Qld
- Golf Central Putt Putt – Brisbane Airport, Qld
- Bellarine Adventure Golf – Wallington, Vic
- Victoria Park Putt Putt – Brisbane, Qld
- Pittwater Golf Centre – Narrabeen, NSW
Any great ones we’ve missed?
Maybe we’ll add more to the list as we hear more about them. Perhaps, one giant list may be the way to go next.